Thursday, January 21, 2010

Core Values

Reflecting on the election of Scott Brown, President Obama has some strange opinions. Speaking with  Stephanopoulos, Obama said.

“Here’s my assessment of not just the vote in Massachusetts, but the mood around the country: the same thing that swept Scott Brown into office swept me into office.” I had not realized that prior to Obama's election we were so concerned as a nation about a monstrous bill taking over health care being shoved down our throats. I also was unaware that terrorists were being provided with all of American's civil rights including a trial in Federal Court with lawyers funded by our tax dollars.

Obama went on to say, “We were so busy just getting stuff done and dealing with the immediate crises that were in front of us that I think we lost some of that sense of speaking directly to the American people about what their core values are and why we have to make sure those institutions are matching up with those values.” I truly do not feel Obama can tell me what MY core values are. I would have a lot more respect for him if he would stop the incessant talking at us and as he recommended for citizens at one time to "sit down and shut up!"  If he has the ability to listen to what Americans say are our core values, perhaps he will have some clue as to why Scott Brown won the election. Brown wants to make sure the institutions are matching up with Americans' core values rather than have the institutions go on their wayward path while Obama attempts to define what our core values should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment